John D. Tishler is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) office. Mr. Tishler’s practice encompasses domestic and international capital markets, corporate finance, corporate governance, business transactions, mergers and acquisitions and technology.
He advises established NYSE, NASDAQ and international exchange issuers and smaller high-growth clients on capital structures, equity and debt offerings, EB-5 project finance, securities compliance, strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring.
Mr. Tishler regularly speaks and writes on corporate governance, capital markets transactions, EB-5 project finance, emerging growth company issues and uncommon interpretations and approaches to transactional lawyering.
- Represented SMHG Village Development LLC on $120 million EB-5 loan facility for development of Powder Mountain
- Represented Audit Committee of Marvell Technology Group, Ltd. in connection with investigation into certain accounting matters
- Represented Crescent SCNOLA EB-5 Investor Fund in successful EB-5 offering for the historic Troubadour Hotel in New Orleans
- Represented Shea Family Care in sale of nine skilled nursing and assisted living operations to The Ensign Group
- Represented Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) on $625 million high-yield debt offering
- Represented Tree.com (NASDAQ:TREE) in sale of Home Loan Center to affiliate of Discover Financial Services
- Represented SiliconSystems, Inc. in Series C Preferred Stock Financing by Samsung Ventures
- Represented SiliconSystems, Inc. in Series B Preferred Stock Financing by Rustic Canyon Partners, Shepherd Ventures and Miramar Venture Partners
- Represented Interplan Corporation in acquisition by Schroder Ventures and Pouschine Cook
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1992
- B.A., Cornell University, 1989, with distinction in all subjects
Admissions : California
- EB-5 Securities Roundtable
- The Aerospace & Defense Forum – San Diego Chapter Steering Committee
- Adjunct professor, University of San Diego School of Law, teaching advanced deal structures, and he regularly lectures on corporate law, strategic partnering, and executive compensation
- Member, Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$