John C. Toro litigates complex and often high stakes commercial disputes on behalf of his clients. John’s practice focuses on contract and business tort cases, consumer class actions, corporate governance disputes, and insurance recovery suits.
Before joining King & Spalding, John was a litigation associate with Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP. Before entering private practice, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable D. Brooks Smith on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and to the Honorable Robert L. Hinkle on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
John graduated with honors from the Georgetown University Law Center. While in law school, he served as the Senior Articles Editor of the Georgetown Law Journal and competed on the Barristers’ Council’s Moot Court team. He received his B.A. in Philosophy, magna cum laude, from Georgia Southern University.
John has served on the firm’s hiring committee and is active in the firm’s efforts to recruit new attorneys. He is a member of the Georgia Bar, DC Bar, and the Atlanta Bar Association. Within the Georgia Bar, he serves on the Young Lawyers Division’s Litigation Committee and Intrastate Moot Court Competition Committee.
In the community, John serves on Georgia Appleseed’s Student Tribunal Committee, volunteers with the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, and maintains an active pro bono practice.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A. Philosophy, Government, Georgia Southern University
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
Rate : $$$$