A Member of Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Louisville Office since 1994, John G. Treitz contributes to several practice groups at the firm, concentrating primarily on complex finance transactions and commercial and residential real estate development.
For his extensive track record of success, particularly in the area of Real Estate Law, John has earned multiple professional distinctions on local, state and national levels.
Actively involved in the legal community, John has served as Chairman of the Real Estate, Planning and Zoning Section of the Louisville Bar Association. He has also been a board member and Vice Chair of Meritas, Inc., a consortium of international law firms which works collaboratively to assist clients in Kentucky and throughout the world.
Corporate Finance & Lending: John is well versed in the intricacies of commercial real estate lending, and is particularly adept in counseling clients on loan restructurings and workouts.
Real Estate: As an extension of his substantial experience in corporate lending, John represents banks, borrowers and real estate developers in multi-party and multi-state commercial transactions.
Business Services: Bringing his specialized skill set to this broader practice group, John advises on the organization of businesses as general and limited partnerships, as well as corporations and limited liability companies. He also counsels directors, officers and shareholders regarding their respective rights and duties under various corporate laws.
Construction Law: During the planning phase, and throughout the course of a residential or commercial project, John works with business owners, developers, financial institutions and contractors to resolve issues and achieve long-term goals.
- Vanderbilt University Law School 1972, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University 1968, B.A.
- Pro Hac Vice: Court of Chancery, Delaware
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Tax Court
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association, chairman, Real Estate, Planning and Zoning Section
- Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority, board of directors
- Greater Louisville Inc., Transportation Committee, member, 2011-present
- Episcopal Church Home, board member, Governance, Audit and Compliance, 2008-present
- St. Marks Episcopal Church, Vestry, former junior warden
- Senior House, Inc., former board member
- Chinese/Louisville Sisters Cities Planning Committee, former co-chairman
- Jefferson County, Kentucky, Capital Projects Corporation, former board member
- Helped form Chamber of Commerce on Long Island, Bahamas 2013
Rate : $$$