John C. Vazquez is an associate in Venable’s Commercial Litigation Practice in the New York office. He is experienced in a broad spectrum of complex commercial litigation, including civil antitrust actions, class actions, securities and financial products litigation, bankruptcy litigation, and trade secret and commercial tort litigation.
- Represented television broadcasters in an antitrust action challenging Major League Baseball’s broadcast rules.
- Won dismissal of a putative class action alleging illegal price fixing and market manipulation in commodities markets.
- Won dismissal of fraud and misrepresentation claims brought by investors against the directors of a publicly traded company related to the company’s IPO.
- Represented a number of clients in various actions related to losses on mortgage-backed securities and collateralized debt obligations.
- J.D. New York University School of Law
- B.A. University of Colorado-Denver
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$