John Weiss is a partner with Alston & Bird’s Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Group and is based in the New York office. He has extensive experience nationally representing defendants in avoidance actions and professional service firms with bankruptcy retention and fee-related issues.
He focuses his practice in the areas of business reorganization, restructuring, and bankruptcy law and has experience representing debtors, official and unofficial committees, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, agents, collateral managers, lessors and lessees of both real and personal property, parties to executory contracts, trade creditors, and other parties in interest in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
John previously served as founding chair of the New Jersey chapter of Autism Speaks, and currently serves as a member of the board of directors and gala event co-chair for the Jersey Coast chapter of the American Red Cross.
- New York
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 2000)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 1996)
- American Bankruptcy Institute, advisory board for the New York City Bankruptcy Conference
- Turnaround Management Association, board of directors and the governance committee of the New York chapter
- New York State Bar Empire State Counsel List
Rate : $$$$