John L. Williams is as an experienced trial and appellate attorney who focuses on representing insurers in connection with coverage and bad faith issues. John has a national practice and represents clients on a broad array of issues including coverage claims involving privacy, intellectual property, antitrust, managed health care, pharmaceuticals, consumer fraud, employment, environmental liability, war and terrorism, entertainment and catastrophic losses.
John is also often called upon to consult with clients regarding insurance policy drafting and development. John is also a highly skilled and effective negotiator.
John is a member in good standing of the Washington State Bar and the California State Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the United States Court of Appeal for the 4th Circuit, the United States Tax Court, and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California and the Western District of Washington.
John has also been admitted pro hac vice in Nevada, Oregon, Montana, and Florida, and before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Washington. John earned his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1987, where he won first place in the Snodgrass Moot Court Competition and was a quarterfinalist in the National Moot Court Competition.
John earned his master’s degree from Northwestern University, where he was a Hearst Fellow in American History, and his undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from Washington University in St. Louis.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1987
- Northwest University, M.A., 1984
- Washington University in St. Louis, A.B., magna cum laude, 1979
BAR ADMISSIONS : California; Washington
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$