John P. Yung is a partner in the Sacramento office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. John focuses his practice on corporate, securities, and international business matters, with particular emphasis on assisting Chinese companies in accessing the U.S. capital markets.
With more than a decade in representing publicly traded and private companies, John has extensive experience in a variety of financing transactions including venture capital financing, private equity financings, secured debt, public offerings, PIPEs, follow-on and secondary financings.
In addition, John assists private and public companies in a wide variety of matters including establishment of a representative office or wholly-foreign owned enterprise (WFOE) in China, fund formation, joint ventures, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, cross border transactions and intellectual property rights and licensing.
John also represents clients before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) in connection with cross border mergers and acquisitions.
John understands the challenges that his clients face in managing a business, from navigating the complex legal environment to reconciling the differences in business culture between regions such as the U.S. and Asia. With that understanding, he plays strategic role to his clients as a trusted advisor by providing sound legal and result-oriented solutions to his clients’ problems.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Juris Doctor with distinction, 1998
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts, 1992
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Supreme Court
- Selected as top lawyer in region by Sacramento Magazine for Intellectual Property (2016)
- Zhongguancun Listed Companies Association
- National Business Information Center (Founding Officer)
- Asian/Pacific Bar Association of Sacramento (Former Board Member)
- Sacramento County Bar Association (Business Law Section)
Representative Matters :
- Represented an enterprise application software company in connection with a $50 million shelf offering registered with the SEC for future acquisitions
- Represented a publicly held satellite communications company in connection with an underwriting of corporate bonds for the construction and launch of its constellation of low earth orbiting satellites
- Represented a venture-backed privately held media company in connection with three rounds of venture capital investments
- Represented a publicly held enterprise application software company in connection with its acquisition of another publicly held enterprise application software company (manufacturing) in a cash out merger transaction
- Represented a publicly held enterprise application software company in connection with the acquisition of the enterprise application software assets (hospitality) of another publicly held company in an asset purchase transaction for cash in seven different countries
- Represented a venture-backed privately held media company in connection with its sale to a publicly held national broadcasting company in a cash out merger transaction
- Represented a China-based microfinance company with a direct listing onto the NYSE American pursuant to a backdoor listing process and reorganization.
- Represented a China-based refractory company in connection with its registration with the SEC as a public company under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Represented a China-based financial media company in connection with its SEC compliance and reporting matters.
Rate : $$$