John Zamer’s practice includes a broad range of corporate and securities work, with extensive experience in the following areas: corporate governance matters, representation of equity funds, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, recapitalizations, out-of-court restructurings, venture capital investments, and financings representing borrowers. He has been the lead attorney in a wide variety of complex acquisitions, divestitures, investments, and restructurings.
John serves as the Firm’s partner responsible for the corporate representation for a number of significant Jones Day clients. He directs the mergers and acquisitions representation for some substantial Firm clients with active acquisition programs.
Also, he represents private equity and venture capital funds relative to their formation and as to their investments. In addition, John provides general corporate representation to many smaller, principally venture capital-financed, companies.
John lectures on merger and acquisition, corporate governance, and private capital-related topics.
- Duke University (J.D. with distinction 1977; Editorial Board, Law Journal); State University of New York at Buffalo (B.A. summa cum laude 1974; Phi Beta Kappa)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Cumulus Media sells 53 radio stations in 12 U.S. cities to Townsquare Media for $238 million
- Birch Communications acquires Cbeyond for $323 million
- Georgia Gulf merges with PPG Industries’ commodity chemicals business in $2.1 billion transaction to form Axiall Corporation
- Cumulus Media makes $2.4 billion acquisition of larger rival Citadel Broadcasting to become 2nd largest U.S. radio company
- Georgia Gulf successfully defends against unsolicited proposal from Westlake Chemical
- PODS completes sale of company to Arcapita
- J.M. Huber sells global precipitated calcium carbonate business to Omya
- AR Broadcasting Holdings and affiliates achieve prepackaged chapter 11 restructuring in 33 days
- Dickey Publishing acquires Modern Luxury Media
Rate : $$$