Jon Ethan Lewis works at Lewis, Feldman & Lehane LLC. My father was a lawyer. He practiced personal injury law in Birmingham for nearly 50 years. He had a good practice, a solid reputation and many friends both inside and outside the profession. In short, he was great at what he did. But, when I was younger, I wasn’t sure I wanted to follow in his footsteps.
I remember late night calls coming into the house from clients. I remember long hours that he’d spend at the office, at court, or at a client’s house. I remember thinking that maybe I should be doing something else with my life – maybe I wasn’t cut out for the law.
One day my Dad called and said that he had a big case and he’d like me to be a part of it. At first, I thought I would be helping him out. As it turns out, he was helping me. Working with him on that case and as his partner for the next 10 years, I learned about clients, myself and the law.
Doing good for people. Fighting for the right thing. Relationships that last long after the case is closed. Those are the lessons I learned from my father. Those are the principles I try to practice, everyday.
- Tulane University; BSM with concentration in Finance
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1992, JD
- Graduated cum laude
- State Bar of Alabama
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Former Member of the National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA) and the Commercial Law League of America
- Legal Collection Workshop for Dun and Bradstreet
- Legal Aspects of Collections
- Social Media and the Business of Law (Cumberland Law School at Samford University)
Rate : $$$