Jon W. Newby is the Vice-Chairman of Sheppard Mullin and former Co-Leader of the Corporate Practice Group. He has been practicing with the firm since 1986 and is based in the Century City office. Mr. Newby represents public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, financings, including private placements and venture and private equity financings, and general corporate matters, including with respect to the structuring and implementation of joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Mr. Newby’s clients range from large public to emerging growth companies in a variety of industries, including technology, life sciences, construction products, food and beverage, manufacturing and consumer products. Mr. Newby also represents equity sponsors, investment banks and other institutional firms.
- J.D, Harvard University, 1986, cum laude
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1983, summa cum laude
- Mergers and acquisitions of both private and public companies
- Numerous private equity transactions
- Distressed company M&A transactions, including in bankruptcies
- Redemptions, dissolutions and other “corporate divorces”
- Numerous private placements of equity and debt securities, including venture capital transactions
- Member, American Bar Association (Business Section)
- Member, State Bar of California (Business Section)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (Business Section)
Rate : $$$$