Jon-Paul Bernard is a partner in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in the New York office. JP regularly advises clients on various aspects of domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financings and restructuring transactions. He also has extensive corporate finance experience. JP’s practice is particularly focused on joint ventures and financial services M&A. Selected Experience:
- Synchrony Financial in its $5.8 billion acquisition of U.S. consumer receivables from PayPal Holdings, Inc., and in connection with its acquisition of approximately $1 billion of participation interests in receivables held with investors and financial institutions
- Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C.V. in its acquisition, via a $2.7 billion joint venture with Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc., of bottling operations in Texas and parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas, becoming the Coca-Cola Company’s sole franchise bottler in the area formerly known as the Southwest operating unit of Coca-Cola Refreshments
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $32 billion sale of its global Commercial Distribution Finance, North American Vendor Finance and North American Corporate Finance platforms to Wells Fargo & Co.
- General Electric Company in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets
- General Electric Company in its $3.4 billion sale of GE Water to SUEZ
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the sale of its North American tank car rail assets and railcar repair business to Marmon Holdings, Inc.
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the $499 million sale of its stake in Penske Truck Leasing Co. LP to Penske Automotive Group Inc.
- General Electric Company and GE Capital in their global business partnership (including an $8 billion global financial services joint venture headquartered in Abu Dhabi) with Mubadala Development Company PJSC
Mr. Bernard graduated from Colgate University with a B.A. in 1993 and received his J.D., magna cum laude, from St. John’s University School of Law in 1998. He is a member of the State Bar of New York, and member of the American Bar Association.
- Colgate University (B.A., 1993)
- St John’s University (J.D., 1998)
Admissions : New York State
Rate : $$$$