Jon-Paul A. Bernard is a partner in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in the New York office. JP regularly advises clients on various aspects of domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financings and restructuring transactions.
He also has extensive corporate finance experience. JP’s practice is particularly focused on joint ventures and financial services M&A.
- Synchrony Financial in its $5.8 billion acquisition of U.S. consumer receivables from PayPal Holdings, Inc., and in connection with its acquisition of approximately $1 billion of participation interests in receivables held with investors and financial institutions
- Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C.V. in its acquisition, via a $2.7 billion joint venture with Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc., of bottling operations in Texas and parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas, becoming the Coca-Cola Company’s sole franchise bottler in the area formerly known as the Southwest operating unit of Coca-Cola Refreshments
- General Electric Company in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $32 billion sale of its global Commercial Distribution Finance, North American Vendor Finance and North American Corporate Finance platforms to Wells Fargo & Co.
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $6.9 billion sale of its United States, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corporation, and in the sale of its European fleet businesses to Arval Service Lease S.A.
Mr. Bernard graduated from Colgate University with a B.A. in 1993 and received his J.D., magna cum laude, from St. John’s University School of Law in 1998. He is a member of the State Bar of New York, and member of the American Bar Association.
- Colgate University (B.A., 1993)
- St John’s University (J.D., 1998)
- New York State
Rate : $$$$