Jon L. Rewinski’s practice includes all phases of civil litigation before state, federal and bankruptcy courts. In his 35 years of practice, Jon has tried or arbitrated dozens of cases. Jon has experience in a wide variety of areas, including antitrust, securities litigation, franchise law, class action litigation, corporate dissolutions, derivative actions, intellectual property, and other tort and commercial matters.
Recent engagements include:
- Obtaining a $21 million judgment, affirmed on appeal, on behalf of investors in a failed real estate construction project
- Prevailing in a bench trial on behalf of a lender over a dispute with the developer’s surety over lien priority following the collapse of a multi-million golf course development
- Representing sellers or purchasers of assets and businesses (including Fairmont Raffles Hotels International) in multi-million dollar disputes over post-closing purchase price adjustments and earn-outs
- Obtaining multiple writs of mandate from the appellate court on behalf of individuals with developmental disabilities and/or their families with respect to access to state services
- Representing shareholders and members in enforcing statutory inspection rights
Jon has also represented a securities brokerage firm in regulatory and DOJ investigations and litigation following the collapse of a hedge fund; a securities brokerage firm in a regulatory investigation over alleged revenue sharing arrangements with mutual funds; a securities brokerage firm in the first enforcement proceeding asserted by the SEC under the USA PATRIOT Act; a major accounting firm in an SEC/DOJ investigation concerning the collapse of an audit client; representing an airline in consolidated class actions alleging a conspiracy to fix the prices of passenger tickets; Microsoft in antitrust litigation asserted by certain competitors and consumer groups; Philip Morris USA Inc. in Lanham Act proceedings over the unauthorized use of its registered marks in Internet sales; and the manufacturer of a concrete admixture in class actions and mass actions alleging purported construction defects.
Jon also regularly teaches seminars and publishes articles on legal ethics and professional responsibility.
Community Leadership :
- Member, Chancery Club
- Director, Los Angeles Master Chorale Association
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1984
- B.A., magna cum laude, Yale University, 1981
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$