Jon T. Kukucka focuses his practice on family law and represents clients in cases involving dissolution of marriage, pre-and postnuptial agreements, property division, alimony, parental relocation, child custody, visitation and child support.
Jon has substantial first-chair trial and appellate experience and has been counsel on many appeals to the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts. He has served as a Special Master in the judicial districts of Hartford, New Britain and Middlesex.
Jon has written on the topic of family law in Developments in Connecticut Family Law 2008, 2009 and 2010, and was a contributing author to A Practical Guide to Divorce in Connecticut, a MCLE New England publication authored by many leading family law practitioners in Connecticut.
Successfully aided in the briefing and prosecution of numerous matrimonial law cases of first impression in the Connecticut Supreme Court, including those establishing:
- The operative definition of property for the equitable distribution of assets. Mickey v. Mickey, 292 Conn. 597 (2009)
- The recognition of postnuptial agreements in the state. Bedrick v. Bedrick, 300 Conn. 691 (2011)
- The parameters for child support in high income cases. Dowling v. Szymczak, 309 Conn. 390 (2013)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford Bar Associaiton
Honors & Awards
- Connecticut Bar Association – Family Law Section Rising Star
- Recipient of the Connecticut Law Tribune’s “New Leader in the Law” award for 2013
Rate : $$$