Jonathan DeMella is a member of the Firm’s Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation practice. He regularly litigates CDA claims before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the Boards of Contract Appeals. He also has an active bid protest practice before the CoFC and GAO, and prosecutes and defends size and status protests before the SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals.
Jon advises prime contractors and subcontractors in many areas of federal procurement. This includes procurement ethics, mandatory disclosure, civil fraud under the False Claims Act, and compliance with SBA laws and regulations, including those specific to Alaska Native Corporations. He also conducts complex internal investigations, corporate compliance reviews, and in-house training programs across the United States.
Jon enjoys speaking and writing about government contracts law, and is active in the Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition, the American Bar Association, and the Associated General Contractors of Washington.
- Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Seattle, 2013-2015
- Partner, Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP, Seattle, 2011-2012
- Associate, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP, Washington, D.C., 1999-2005
- Law Clerk, Hon. Christine O.C. Miller, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Washington, D.C., 1998-1999
Professional & Community Activities:
- Member, Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition
- Member, Associated General Contractors of Washington
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- Member, American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
- Former Member, Board of Governors, Boards of Contract Appeals Bar Association
- Former Vice President of Education, National Contract Management Association, Puget Sound Chapter
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 1998, cum laude
- Senior Note & Comment Editor, American University Law Review
- B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, University of Connecticut, 1992
Rate : $$$$