Jon Amar, an associate in Goldberg Segalla’s Princeton office, has significant experience defending long-term care and post-acute facilities in professional and general liability matters in state, federal, and alternative dispute resolution forums.
Jon also provides strategic day-to-day business and regulatory advice to health care clients to help foster risk management solutions to help avoid or mitigate future claims.
He is a graduate of the Long Term Care Power Lawyers Program, an intensive six-month program focusing on a hypothetical fact pattern, designed by veteran long-term care attorneys to build trial- and case-handling skills.
In addition, Jon’s practice includes counseling employers on employment law matters and defending employers in employment litigation brought in federal and state courts.
He also represents employers before federal and state departments of labor and human rights agencies, and defends corporations in commercial litigation matters, including shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, and creditors’ rights suits.
Before entering private practice, Jon served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, where he served as lead counsel on six trials, prosecuted more than 300 cases from initial complaint to verdict or settlement, and conducted numerous grand jury investigations.
- Long Term Care Power Lawyers Program
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey
- South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey
- Board Member, Young Scholars Institute of Trenton
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Harvard University, B.A., cum laude, 2003
Rate : $$$