A go-to resource in complex employment matters, Jonathan A. Beckerman leverages his legal experience and deep subject matter knowledge to achieve successful results on behalf of management-side clients. His proactive counsel helps employers identify and mitigate workforce risks, particularly for companies in the hospitality, retail, construction, manufacturing and health/wellness sectors.
Jonathan is a tenacious federal and state court litigator known for his thorough understanding of intricate employment issues, including : Wrongful termination, Workplace harassment, Discrimination, Employee leave.
He also regularly interacts with state and federal agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Labor and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), defending his client’s interests at every stage of the complaint/charge process – from investigations and negotiations to fact-finding conferences and administrative hearings.
Jonathan is involved in the firm’s award-winning platform Littler CaseSmart®, an innovative case management system for handling litigation and EEOC charges. In his capacity as supervisory attorney, he manages single-plaintiff litigation asserted in Florida for a major client and all wage and hour administrative claims asserted nationwide.
Additionally, he has accomplished the following for his clients :
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national retail client and persuaded the Court to apply the “actual violation” standard in a lawsuit asserting claims under the Florida Whistleblower Act
- Achieved favorable results for a well-known luxury resort property that was sued by 50 staffing employees over alleged wage and hour violations
- Counseled several national employers with thousands of workers in an audit of their human resource function and developed/implemented new practices to ensure compliance with ever-changing employment laws in multiple jurisdictions
With distinctive parallels to his law practice, Jonathan hones his techniques studying Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which he has pursued for more than a decade. The ability to adapt and alter tactics against opponents carries over advantageously to legal strategy as he evaluates and modifies defensive maneuvers against plaintiffs.
He approaches labor and employment challenges not only with an extensive legal background but a keen awareness that each situation necessitates an individualized approach.
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 2002
- B.A., University of Colorado, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$