Mr. Jonathan L. Brophy is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A member of the Labor & Employment Department, he focuses his practice on discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and wrongful termination cases in state and federal court. Mr. Brophy also represents employers in wage and hour class actions in both state and federal court.
Mr. Brophy has litigated single plaintiff and class action matters on behalf of employers in a wide array of industries including pharmaceutical, telecommunications, industrial manufacturing, education, natural resources, aerospace, retail, transportation, digital imaging, automotive, and news media.
He also provides advice and counsel to employers to proactively avoid single plaintiff and class action litigation. Mr. Brophy has experience drafting employer policies and conducting wage and hour audits. Mr. Brophy also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Margaret A. Nagle (Ret.) of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, magna cum laude (2006)
- Managing Editor, Southwestern University Law Review (2005–2006)
- Member, Southwestern University Law Review (2004–2005)
- B.A., McGill University (1998)
- LACBA “Dialogues on Freedom” Committee (Former Member & Participant)
- Southwestern University School of Law (Bar Advantage Program (Adjunct Professor))
Rate : $$$$