Jonathan Cole, shareholder in the Nashville office, concentrates his practice in the area of business litigation. Mr. Cole focuses his practice on civil trial work, representing clients on all levels of state and federal court, administrative procedures, and in mediation/arbitration. He is listed by the Tennessee Supreme Court as a Rule 31 mediator.
Mr. Cole has significant experience representing national financial institutions and businesses in a wide variety of cases, including, lender liability/consumer financial litigation, contract dispute, bad faith/fraud and creditors’ rights.
He routinely represents broker-dealers and investment advisers in FINRA arbitrations and in state and federal court proceedings, and defends them against regulatory compliance allegations from state, FINRA and SEC officials.
He also handles enforcement proceedings and investigations by the SEC. In addition, Mr. Cole has extensive experience in safety and health, products liability and personal injury/wrongful death. To complement his practice, Mr. Cole is committed to the legal profession and his community.
Among his current activities, Mr. Cole founded and currently serves as the chair of Baker Donelson’s award winning Pro Bono program, was president of the Nashville Bar Association, was president of the National Conference of Bar Presidents, serves as a director of the American Bar Endowment, was awarded the Young Leader of the Year Award by the Young Leaders Council and the 2008 NELA (Nashville Emerging Leader Award), and was selected to Leadership Nashville’s Class of 2010.
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1994
- Georgetown University, A.B., 1991
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1994
- Negotiated favorable settlement of predatory lending claim against national mortgage lender, including defeating seven motions for sanctions.
- Won trial on usury claim for national mortgage lender.
- Won OSHA trial on willful citation for manufacturer whose employee had lost his leg.
- Prosecuted and defended multi-million dollar breach of contract actions in state and federal courts.
- Represented national railroad carrier in breach of contract, adverse possession, and private right of eminent domain claims in Tennessee.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Past President – Nashville Bar Association (2010)
- Selected to Leadership Nashville, Class of 2010
- Fellow – Nashville Bar Foundation
- Volunteer of Year, YMCA of Middle Tennessee
- Director – American Bar Endowment
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
Rate : $$$