A top-ranked insurance coverage litigator, Jonathan A. Constine has successfully represented insurers at the trial and appellate levels in precedential matters. He provides clients with both the big picture and the detailed analysis needed to reduce their risk in the marketplace.
Jon represents insurers in securities, directors and officers (D&O), and employment practices complex coverage litigation. In addition to a successful track record representing insurance clients at the trial level and in arbitrations, Jon has more than two decades of experience handling federal appellate and state supreme court cases involving coverage issues of national significance.
In its rankings of top insurance lawyers, Chambers USA notes that Jon offers “particular expertise in complex professional liability disputes” and that sources call Jon “very knowledgeable, very responsive and technically savvy.”
Representative Matters : Representative published appellate decisions argued (or, where no argument was allowed, handled principally) include the following :
- Janjer Enterprises, Inc. v. Executive Risk Indemnity, Inc., 97 Fed. Appx. 410, 2004 WL 1011004 (4th Cir. 2004).
- Beretta U.S.A. Corp. v. Federal Insurance Co., 17 Fed. Appx. 250 (4th Cir. 2001),aff’g 117 F. Supp. 2d 489 (D. Md. 2000).
- Federal Insurance Co. v. CompUSA, Inc., 319 F.3d 746 (5th Cir. 2003).
- Federal Insurance Co. v. Arthur Andersen LLP, 522 F.3d 740 (7th Cir. 2008).
- Spirtas Co. v. Federal Insurance Co., 521 F.3d 833 (8th Cir. 2008).
- Florida Supreme Court, Taurus Holdings, Inc. v. U.S. Fidelity & Guaranty Co., 913 So. 2d 528 (Fla. 2005).
- Virginia Supreme Court, Partnership Umbrella, Inc. v. Federal Insurance Co., 260 Va. 123 (2000).
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1986
- Harvard University, A.B., 1983
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Rate : $$$$