Jonathan L. Corsico is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department. Jon’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions where he represents corporations, private equity firms and boards of directors in a wide range of matters, public and private, friendly and hostile, domestic and cross-border. He also has significant experience representing clients in connection with stockholder activism, joint ventures and minority investments.
Experience prior to Simpson Thacher includes:
- Marriott International in its contested $13.6 billion acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- A prominent private equity firm and several of its portfolio companies in multiple transactions, including acquisitions of public and private targets totaling over $4 billion
- Euronet Worldwide in its unsolicited topping bid for the acquisition of MoneyGram Financial
- Various investment banks in multiple matters in connection with their role as M&A advisor
- Conflicts Committee of Navios Maritime Partners, and the Special Committee of Navios Acquisition, in connection with certain affiliate transactions
- Neustar, Inc. in connection with its $3 billion sale to Golden Gate Capital, and in connection with various buy-side matters totaling more than $1.5 billion
Jon is a frequent author and speaker and has published articles with, or been quoted in materials published by, The Wall Street Journal, Lexis Nexis, Law360, Bloomberg BNA, IFLR, Financier Worldwide, International Financing Review, PEI Magazine and the Harvard Law School Blog on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation.
Jonathan received his J.D. from Northwestern University and his B.S. from Cornell University. He is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and New York.
- Northwestern University, 2003 J.D.
- magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Northwestern University Law Review; Senior Research Honors
- Cornell University, 2000 B.S.
- District of Columbia 2016
- New York 2004
Rate : $$$$