Jonathan Green is an experienced trial lawyer in the Atlanta office who focuses on defending financial institutions and litigating real estate matters. Jonathan has substantial experience in mortgage lending and servicing issues, real estate title litigation, real property taxation, lender liability defense and mortgage fraud.
He is active in the mortgage banking industry and is a member of Legislative & Regulatory Policy Committee in the American Legal and Financial Network (ALFN). He is also the co-chair of Baker Donelson’s Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Committee, through which he helps clients interpret and understand the regulations promulgated by the CFPB.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1998
- Georgia, 2001
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
Representative Matters :
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of a bank despite the bank being in default and having admitted all allegations contained in the Complaint. Also successfully prevailed on the issues of causation and damages.
- Defended a mortgage servicer in a class action brought in the Middle District of Florida alleging that a servicer client systematically failed to honor loan modifications offered to borrowers. The class action and federal claims ultimately were dismissed with prejudice.
- Defended an action seeking specific performance on a contract for the sale of commercial property. Settled the litigation by increasing the sale paid to the client proceeds by more than 35 percent.
- Successfully resolved litigation to establish that a commercial tenant’s failure to timely extend a lease on industrial property was waived by the landlord.
- Represented a subcontractor in a payment dispute that required mechanic’s liens to be filed over three major Atlanta shopping malls.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Named to inaugural JPEG: Picture the Future List by American Legal and Financial Network, 2014
- Member – Legislative & Regulatory Policy Committee American Legal and Financial Network, 2014
- Co-chair – Federal Consumer Lending Statutes Committee of the American Legal and Financial Network, 2013
- Member – State Bar of Georgia, Real Property, Creditors’ Rights, General Practice & Trial Law Sections
Rate : $$$$