Jonathan Etra represents business clients in complex litigation matters, with an emphasis on the prosecution and defense of civil racketeering, fraud, receiverships, partnership disputes, as well as legal malpractice defense and Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
Mr. Etra’s practice includes a broad range of white collar defense matters, representing targets, subjects, and witnesses in grand jury and regulatory proceedings. He is also called upon to provide assistance in asset forfeiture cases.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Etra Served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, where he investigated, prosecuted, and tried cases involving securities fraud, tax fraud, bank fraud, healthcare fraud, asset forfeiture, and organized crime. He also participated in the Department of Justice’s terrorism investigations following the September 11 attacks.
Mr. Etra argued appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and he served as a Trial Instructor for the Department of Justice. Mr. Etra has appeared as a television commentator on white collar defense and investigation matters.
- Columbia Law School, JD (1991)
- Columbia College, BA, Political Science (1988)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Represented former officers of public company in defense of billion dollar civil RICO claims
- Represented former officer of a public company and the main target in largest federal grand jury investigation in the investigating district; represented officer in parallel SEC investigation and civil litigations
- Represented victim of securities fraud in lawsuit against perpetrators; defense pleadings stricken due to discovery fraud, perjury, and witness tampering
- Represented alleged feeder for Madoff Ponzi scheme in civil litigation, bankruptcy proceedings, and grand jury investigation
- Chairman of the Board, Family Resource Center of South Florida
- Board of Directors, American Jewish Committee for Dade and Broward Counties, Florida
Rate : $$$