Jonathan D. Forstot has over 30 years of experience in the areas of commercial litigation, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy, including various aspects of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases. He has represented secured creditors, unsecured creditors, and various other parties in contested matters, adversary proceedings, and related commercial litigation in courts throughout the U.S.
Jonathan has extensive experience in all aspects of secured lender representation, including workouts, foreclosure, suits on guarantees, related tort litigation, bankruptcy and debt and judgment enforcement.
Jonathan has worked on all aspects of civil litigation in federal and state courts around the country from claim investigations and risk analysis, initial pleadings through discovery, motion practice, trials and appeals.
He has advised banks, corporations, insurance companies, other financial institutions, government institutions, utilities and individuals from throughout the U.S. and around the world on a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including: securities, business tort, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract and creditors’ rights litigation.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., G. Joseph Tauro Scholar, Winner of American Jurisprudence Award in Torts, 1988
- American University, B.A., cum laude, 1985
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$