Jonathan Gabriel is a seasoned corporate lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP providing pragmatic, business-oriented advice to public and private companies and private equity and venture investors in a wide range of industries.
He focuses on complex mergers and acquisitions, venture and growth equity financings, and guides public companies on securities and compliance matters, including public offerings, governance, and public company reporting. Mr.
Gabriel also advises growth companies, from start-up and early-stage through public offering or acquisition, on formation, financing, strategic transactions, cross-border, equity and executive compensation arrangements, corporate governance, and other matters.
Representative Experience :
- Represented emerging company in connection with a minority investment by an overseas strategic investor
- Represented growth equity investor in connection with multiple minority investments in health care and technology companies
- Represented private equity client in $270 million acquisition of private equity sponsored manufacturing company
- Represented U.S. public company in $40 million strategic acquisition of privately held software company based in the Netherlands
- Advised Nasdaq-listed company on strategic transaction negotiations, the adoption of a new equity compensation plan, compliance with say on pay requirements, and general corporate governance and periodic reporting matters
- Represented rapidly growing technology company in multiple venture capital and strategic partner financing rounds and strategic alliance negotiations with major telecommunications companies
- Represented underwriters in $55 million initial U.S. public offering of Canadian company
- Represented start up social gaming software company in organizational and angel financing matters
- Represented private equity sponsored health care technology company in $130 million sale to major international corporation
- Represented U.K. public company in $15 million U.S. joint venture buyout and related private share issuance
- Represented U.S. public company in $20 million strategic acquisition of privately held software company based in California
- Represented Irish company in bid to acquire U.S. division of international conglomerate
Mr. Gabriel received his law degree from Suffolk University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2005). He earned his bachelor’s degree from the College of William & Mary (B.A., 1996).
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Mr. Gabriel is admitted to practice in Massachusetts. He is a member of the Boston and American Bar Associations.
Rate : $$$