Jonathan P. Gordon is an associate in the firm’s Complex Litigation group. Prior to joining Reed Smith, Jonathan was an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison. He has a wide array of experience including securities litigation, commercial litigation, mergers & acquisitions litigation, and white collar criminal defense and investigations.
- Columbia University School of Law, 2013, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Paul R. Hays Prize in Civil Procedure, American Constitutional Society Moot Court (2010-2011), Science and Technology Law Review (2011-2012), Club Rugby (2010-2011)
- Yale University, 2010, B.A., Political Science (with distinction) and Economics, Top Speaker in 2008 Yale Adams Cup Debate Tournament, Club Rugby (2008-2010), Varsity Lightweight Crew (2007-2008), Sigma Nu Fraternity (2008-2010), Student Investment Group (2007-2009), Entrepreneurial Society (2007-2009)
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : New York
- Conducted litigation due diligence and advised large private equity firm in connection with $2.2 billion acquisition of timeshare company, and represented the company following the acquisition in connection with various litigation matters including appraisal proceedings brought by dissenting shareholders.
- Drafted motion to dismiss putative class action lawsuit against a Canadian payday lending company alleging misstatements and omissions in violation of Section 10(b) and 10b-5 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and also assisted with drafting expert report, mediation briefs, and settlement agreement.
- Managed document review and production, including responding to requests, negotiating search protocol, and supervising reviewers, in defense of a major financial services firm in a common law fraud action related to structuring of four CDOs, and also drafted answer to complaint and participated in fact witness interviews.
- Drafted brief opposing summary judgment in an action against a Japanese company for pension liabilities of a bankrupt U.S. subsidiary, and also conducted legal research and drafted memoranda advising the company on the enforceability of a judgment and the likelihood of success on appeal based on lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Prepared witnesses for adversarial interviews in representation of healthcare company arising out of merger, and also assisted with managing third-party discovery and drafting and responding to discovery motions.
Rate : $$$