Jonathan S. Gross focuses his practice primarily on commercial real estate, including entity formation, major office and retail leasing, construction, and design agreements; service, engineering, consulting, and management agreements; brokerage agreements; title insurance; real estate secured lending; purchase and sale of developed and undeveloped property; reciprocal easement agreements and covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&Rs); ground leases; and fine art commission agreements.
His clients have included the Bayside District Corporation, CommonWealth Partners, The Equitable-Nissei Figueroa Company, Lend Lease Real Estate, Maguire Properties, and Thomas Development Partners. Jonathan received his bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from Amherst College and his law degree from Stanford Law School.
- Assisted a nonprofit client, which manages public spaces for the City of Santa Monica, Calf., with the development of a licensing program for vendors in a high-volume visitor center and tourist traffic area directly across from the iconic Santa Monica Pier. This representation included structuring the form of agreement and documenting the first licenses to vendors, consistent with underlying agreements with the City of Santa Monica.
- Represented the property owner in connection with the structuring and documentation of a master lease for office space in Center City, Philadelphia. The leased space is intended to showcase the office tower’s ability to provide modern work environments for tenant prospects.
- Represented a joint venture as owner in connection with an office lease including 46,101 sq. ft. on penthouse floors of two buildings in “The Enclave” project in San Diego. This representation included handling the structuring, drafting, and negotiation of the office lease and all lease-related documents.
- Stanford University Law School, J.D., 1980
- Amherst College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1977
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
- California State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Outside Counsel, Downtown Santa Monica, Inc.
- Building Owners & Managers Association of Greater Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Headquarters Association
- Board of Directors, Santa Monica Pier Restoration Corporation, 1996 – 2004
Rate : $$$