Jonathan M. Hernandez’s practice is focused on intellectual property and related litigation matters. He drafts pleadings and motions, conducts legal research and assists with trial preparation.
He has substantial experience in the energy industry, including drafting technical specifications and managing extensive projects, that adds to his appreciation of the challenges companies face.
His professional experience and technical education helps him understand his clients’ technologies as well as their business and legal needs.
Before becoming an attorney, Jonathan was an applications engineer for Siemens Energy, handling projects for industrial gas turbines in power generation applications.
As an engineer with National Oilwell Varco, he managed technical specifications and commercial proposals for onshore drilling rig projects, and assisted in the management of their land structures and moving systems product lines.
During law school, Jonathan was inducted into the National Order of Scribes for his accomplishments in legal writing. Jonathan also interned for The Hon. Frances H. Stacy, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2017
- National Order of Scribes
- South Texas Law Review, Assistant Information Editor
- Randall O. Sorrells Award, Best Litigation Article
- CALI Award (Legal Research and Writing)
- Dean’s Honor List
- Intern to The Hon. Francis H. Stacy, Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- The Hon. Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Intellectual Property & Technology Law Society, Vice President
- Houston Bar Association Appellate Practice Section, Best Brief Award
- Chicago Bar Association Moot Court Competition, Best Overall Brief
- T. Gerald Treece Summer Academy Mock Trial Competition, Top Ten Advocate
- B.S., Texas A&M University, 2010 (Industrial Distribution)
- Foundation Excellence Award
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Mentoring Program, Mentor
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Young Alumni Council
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
Rate : $$$