Jonathan Joannides is an associate in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice focuses on commercial litigation. Jonathan is also active in providing pro bono services to veterans, low-income domestic violence victims, and refugees seeking U.S. visas.
Prior to attending law school, Jonathan was a Captain and infantry officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. During his 10 years of service, Jonathan served in a variety of billets, including commanding infantry platoons in combat during Operation Iraqi Freedom, performing counter-piracy operations off the coast of Somalia, advising U.S. diplomatic posts in Bahrain and Pakistan on security protocols, and commanding a rifle company of 150 Marines for bilateral training exercises with foreign militaries in Thailand, South Korea, and the Philippines.
Jonathan sits on the Board of Directors for HomeFirst, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and the leading provider of services, shelter, and housing opportunities to the homeless and those at risk of homelessness in Santa Clara County. Jonathan also serves on the advisory boards of Swords to Plowshares—a veterans’ advocacy non-profit, and Domestic Violence Invention Collaborative—a non-profit serving the courts and agencies of Santa Clara County to promote adult and child safety, heighten awareness of domestic violence, and bridge gaps for victims of violence given available court services.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2016
- B.S., Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Minnesota, 2003
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Director, Finance Committee Chair, HomeFirst
- Advisory Board Member, Domestic Violence Intervention Collaborative
- Advisory Board Member, Swords to Plowshares
- Member, The Honorable William A. Ingram American Inn of Court, Santa Clara County
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$