Jonathan A. Kenter represents large public and privately held companies in a broad array of employee benefit and executive compensation matters. He assists boards and committees in identifying and managing the risks associated with maintaining employee benefit plans.
With more than 35 years of experience in the benefits field (legal and actuarial), Jonathan brings a unique perspective to clients as a trusted advisor. In growing and shrinking economies, Jonathan helps clients both evaluate options for their employee benefit and executive compensation plan designs and implement them.
Jonathan has developed particular acumen in benefits integration and disintegration arising out of corporate transactions, and he has extensive experience in the negotiation and drafting of employment, change-in-control and severance agreements for executives of public companies, on behalf of both the executive and the company.
Representative Matters :
- Designed governance structures of and represented administrative and investment committees for large public companies in the administration of all aspects of their qualified, nonqualified and welfare benefit plans.
- Consolidated seven 401(k) plans of a large public company into a $1.5 billion roll-up, including securities registration and prospectus for a company stock fund, five pension plans in a $1.8 billion rollup and over retiree medical plans.
- Designed a variety of nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements (defined benefit and defined contribution) in compliance with Code Section 409A.
- Defended ERISA fiduciary breach claims asserted in litigation of life insurance benefit denial.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1986
- Bernard M. Baruch College, M.B.A., 1985
- Yeshiva University, B.A., 1981
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey
Rate : $$$