Jonathan Z. Kurry has more than 25 years of experience assisting clients in the development, financing, leasing, operation and sale of real estate, most notably in the retail and hospitality industries.
Jonathan handles a wide range of real estate projects, including structuring complex joint ventures, public-private partnerships and community development districts. His clients include local and national developers, real estate investment trusts, institutional investors, such as pension fund advisors, as well as banks and other lenders.
He partners with clients on projects across the United States, Caribbean and South America. Jonathan also provides family offices and high net-worth clients with “outside general counsel” services.
These may include business, corporate, employment and human resources issues, noncompetition and confidentiality issues regarding current and former employees, contract, document and diligence review and advice, problem solving, litigation prevention and negotiation, and the like.
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan served as general counsel to a national real estate development and management firm and family office. He is also a US Coast Guard-licensed captain.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and restructuring of a venture to develop a 184 acre mixed-use waterfront project, involving modification of a municipal ground lease, infrastructure financing and formation of a Community Development District.
- Represented a client in the $1.2 billion financing and single asset securitization of a regional shopping center.
- Represented a client in the $52 million disposition of a luxury boutique hotel that included significant historic preservation issues.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 1993
- BA, Tulane University, 1990
- BSc, London School of Economics and Political Science, 1989
- Former Board Member, Bass Museum of Art
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
Rate : $$$