Jonathan L. Lewis is a solutions-oriented antitrust and competition lawyer who helps clients with transactions, litigation and the management of day-to-day business risk. His practice focuses on antitrust matters, commercial litigation and merger review and pre-merger integration planning.
He litigates antitrust claims involving price fixing, exclusive dealing, predatory pricing, monopolization and attempted monopolization as well as class actions. He also has experience litigating matters on trial teams and as the lead trial lawyer in cases involving breach of contract claims.
In addition to his litigation experience, Jonathan counsels clients on distribution and business matters. He regularly represents clients before federal and state antitrust enforcement authorities over the course of investigations concerning distribution practices and pre- and post-merger review and has worked on mergers clearance/investigations with particular experience in the manufacturing, communications and healthcare industries.
Jonathan has served as a member of the 2016, 2017, and current 2018 Law360 Competition Editorial Advisory Board. He is a member of the American Bar Association’s Antitrust Section and formerly served as Chairman of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Antitrust & Unfair Competition Law Section Council.
- Represented leading equipment manufacturer in breach of warranty class actions involving on-highway diesel engines and marine diesel engines.
- Provide strategic advice to a leading industrial equipment manufacturer on all aspects of its business.
- Represented one of Canada’s oldest and largest biopharmaceutical companies throughout the merger clearance process in connection with the sale of that company.
- Advised leading manufacturer of mining and other industrial equipment in its $8.6 billion acquisition of manufacturer of equipment used in surface and underground mining during integration of company.
- Represented affiliates of leading wireless carrier in disputes and related transactions. Cases were resolved by wireless carrier acquiring affiliates for approximately $831 million in cash and assumed debt.
- Represented leading integrated healthcare delivery system in government investigation of a completed provider transaction and its contracting practices involving employed and independent physicians.
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude, 1999
- University of Maryland, MPM, 1993
- University of Maryland, BA, Economics, with Honors, 1992
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Competition, Law360, 2016; 2018 – present
- American Bar Association: Antitrust Section, 1999 – Present
- Former Chairman, Illinois State Bar Association: Antitrust & Unfair Competition Law Section Council, 2007-2008
Rate : $$$