Jonathan Lindabury is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department and a member of the Firm’s Derivatives Practice. Jonathan advises investment banks, private equity funds and corporations in the structuring, negotiation and execution of derivative transactions, and provides regulatory analysis and advice on related matters. Jonathan’s clients have included Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Blackstone, KKR, Silver Lake, SoftBank and First Reserve. Representative transaction types include:
- Over-the-counter derivatives entered into by issuers on their own stock, including repurchase and financing derivatives and convertible bond hedge transactions
- Margin loans secured by significant equity stakes of publicly-traded issuers, diversified portfolios of securities and/or debt securities
- Equity hedging and monetization transactions, including over-the-counter transactions such as forwards and collars and structured transactions such as trust-issued securities
- Leveraged acquisition and “stakebuilding” transactions
- Structured transactions in connection with trading book risk management and credit intermediation
- Development of custom indices and related derivative products
- Total return swaps on fixed income portfolios
- Deal-contingent and loan-linked rate, currency and commodity hedging transactions
Jonathan joined the Firm from Goldman Sachs, where he was Vice President, Associate General Counsel. He also practiced for a number of years in the equity derivatives group of another major New York-based law firm. Jonathan received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and his B.A. from Vanderbilt University.
- Columbia Law School, 2000 J.D.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Vanderbilt University, 1995 B.A.
Admissions : New York 2001
Rate : $$$$