Jonathan S. Lipnickfocuses his practice on the representation of investment managers in all aspects of their business and operations, with a particular emphasis on the formation, marketing, management and legal and regulatory compliance of private investment funds, as well as the operational, economic, legal and regulatory issues faced by their sponsors.
In addition, he advises sponsors on a variety of corporate matters including marketing arrangements, custody issues, subscription lines of credit, limited partner transfers, confidentiality agreements and general firm governance.
Jon counsels sponsors raising various types of private funds, including buyout, growth equity, venture, direct lending, fund of funds, real estate and hedge, as well hybrid structures such as separately managed accounts and single investor funds.
Prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Jon had significant experience advising institutional investors and other sources of capital, in particular public retirement plans, ERISA plans, university endowments, and family offices, in connection with investments in alternative investment vehicles, co-investments, direct investments, master/managed custody agreements, the formation of single investor funds and separately managed accounts, and the disposition of portfolio interests to secondary investment fund managers.
Jon possesses a deep understanding of the particular fiduciary duty, plan governance and other statutory and policy issues to which institutional investors are subject in connection with their alternative investment activities.
At his prior firm, Jon also assisted emerging growth companies in a variety of transactional matters, including entity structure, formation, corporate governance, venture financing, and other transactions.
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Georgetown University, B.A., Spanish; English Minor, 2004
- Judicial Internship with Magistrate Judge Marianne B. Bowler of the United States District Court of the District of Massachusetts
- Internship with the United States Attorney’s Office in Boston
Admission : 2014, Massachusetts
Prior Experience :
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Gunderson Dettmer (Summer Associate)
- Before entering law school, Jon was a Vice President with Goldman, Sachs & Co. for over six years.
- Prior to his tenure with Goldman, he served as a paralegal in the capital markets group with Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, LLP.
Rate : $$$$