Jonathan Lourie represents technology, science-based, and other companies and individuals around the world in joint ventures, technology transfer, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, international law and securities law.
Mr. Lourie’s experience includes representing research tool and medical device companies in transactions involving such collaborations as vaccines, drug delivery technologies, therapeutics, diagnostics, blood products, cardiology, antimicrobials, genomics and research tool technologies.
Mr. Lourie also represents software games and interactive media companies in a number of matters, including project development transactions, startups, and early- and late-stage financings and acquisitions. He is regularly involved in licensing research institution technologies to private companies for both companies and research institutions.
Mr. Lourie also represents clients in outsourcing, enterprise software and IT integration in all transactions, including acquisitions and contracts. He represents specialized lenders in loan, project finance and other transactions in the food and agricultural industries.
- Represented 1CellBiO on a research collaboration with UCB to validate and deploy the inDrop™ high throughput single cell RNA sequencing platform.
- Represented Ology Bioservices Inc. on an exclusive license to Trethera Corporation for the global development, manufacturing and marketing of Triapine® (3-AP) and all formulations, for the treatment of hematological malignancies.
- Represented Lin BioScience on a worldwide exclusive licensing agreement with Columbia University and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for portfolio for a novel inhibitor of CDC7 kinase.
- Represented Lin Bioscience on an exclusive licensing agreement with the University of Sydney for a microtubule-targeting agent to treat brain cancer.
- Represented Ology Bioservices Inc. in the closing of a sale-leaseback transaction with Senior Housing Properties Trust (SHP), whereby Ology Bioservices sold its newly constructed Advanced Development and Manufacturing Biosafety Level-3 capable Facility in Alachua, Florida to SHP for $45 million and entered into a 15-year lease of such facility.
- Represented Ology Bioservices Inc. in the purchase from Baxter International Inc. (BAX) of its proprietary Vero cell technology and related assets, including its production facility in Bohumil, Czech Republic.
- Represented Squad in the sale of Kerbal Space Program to Take Two Interactive.
- Represented the video game company Trendy Entertainment, the developer of Dungeon Defenders, in connection with an investment from Insight Ventures.
- Represented a large online MMO RTS video game on several DMCA matters.
- Represented Roostr, an open marketplace for mobile games, in their acquisition by Chartboost, Inc.
- Represented Enumeral Biomedical Corp. in closing an alternative public offering, allowing the company to raise $21.5 million in a private placement financing in connection with a reverse merger into a publicly held company.
- Represented an early stage company with novel technology in the field of antibodies in successive financings.
- Member of deal team for Takeda’s acquisition of Millennium Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Saladax in the licensing of a theranostics technology to Myriad Genetics.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1986
- McGill University, B.Sc., 1982
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Licensing Executives Society
- Boston Bar Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Mass Biotech
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$