Jonathan Michaels concentrates his practice on business transactions. He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, as well as particular expertise in joint ventures and strategic alliances. His clients include Microsoft, Starbucks, The Seattle Times, Amazon, and MultiCare Health System. He has particular experience in technology, health care, and digital health.
Jonathan is ranked by Chambers USA and other leading legal publications. Chambers has recognized Jonathan for his “strong reputation for business transactions, such as M&A and joint ventures” and noted that “he has worked with a number of high-profile clients.” Jonathan also acts as outside general counsel to companies.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Past or Present Board Member for various organizations, including Seafair and MIT Enterprise Forum of the Northwest
- Co-chair, Business Transactions Department, Davis Wright Tremaine, 2011-2015
- Corporate Act Revision Committee, Washington State Bar Association, 2010-2015
- Liason, Nonprofit Corporation Act Committee, Washington State Bar Association, 2012-2014
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1992
- Associate editor-in-chief, Washington Law Review
- B.A., Washington State University, 1986, summa cum laude
- Goethe Institute, Berlin
- University of Copenhagen
Rate : $$$