Jonathan D. Mitchell primarily represents public and private companies in corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private investments, and securities offerings. He works closely with clients to develop positive relationships and is diligent in his development of efficient solutions.
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed company in its $30 million and $7 million acquisitions of retail and wholesale distributors. Drafted letter of intent and various initial transaction documents, including the asset purchase, earn-out and escrow agreements for each transaction.
- Represented an NYSE-listed company in its private placement of $300 million in senior notes.
- Represented a private company in connection with its sale of stock to investors. Drafted the initial notice of the annual meeting to stockholders, waiver of right of first refusal and amendment to the certificate of incorporation. Prepared materials for distribution to stockholders. Participated in and drafted minutes to the annual meeting.
- Represented a target in a $50 million reverse subsidiary merger of an intergovernmental purchasing alliance. Managed due diligence, including preparation of responses to diligence inquiries, population of the data room and creation of a summary matrix of relevant contracts. Drafted disclosure schedules, Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act certificates, change in control notices and director/officer resignations. Reviewed and revised the shareholder information statement and letter of transmittal.
Community : Grace Fellowship Church
- M.B.A., The Ohio State University, 2017
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2008; Administrative Editor, The Tax Lawyer
- B.A., Political Science, University of Dayton, 2004
Admissions : New York, Ohio.
Rate : $$$$