Jonathan E. Richman represents a variety of companies in securities class actions, shareholder derivative actions, internal investigations, SEC investigations, corporate governance, insider trading, D&O insurance and related matters.
Many of those matters involve international elements, including representations of non-U.S. issuers in U.S. litigation and in landmark non-U.S. collective settlements under Dutch law in the Netherlands. Jonathan’s clients have included Hewlett Packard, Royal Dutch/Shell, Zurich Insurance Group, Halliburton, and Waste Management.
Jonathan writes extensively on topics ranging from securities and insider-trading law, corporate governance and fiduciary issues to non-U.S. law on collective actions. His articles have been published in major legal publications.
Jonathan is the immediate past co-head of the Firm’s Securities Litigation Group and is currently co-head of the Firm’s Asset Management Group. Before joining Proskauer, Jonathan was a partner at Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP, where he was co-head of the Securities, M&A and Corporate Governance Litigation Practice Group.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1982
- Princeton University, A.B., 1978
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Clerkships : U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit – Hon. Edward R. Becker
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- American Bar Association (Consumer Financial Services Committee, International Law Section, Litigation Section)
- Federal Bar Council (Committee on Second Circuit Courts)
- American Friends of Lucerne Festival (Board Member, 2011-2012)
- ACMP Associated Chamber Music Players (Board Member, 2007-2013)
Rate : $$$