Jonathan S. Robbins represents public and private companies and individuals in complex regulatory and litigation matters in the financial services and regulated substances sectors.
His experience encompasses investigations and administrative and enforcement proceedings brought by federal, state, and self-regulatory bodies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Florida Attorney General’s Office, Florida Department of Financial Services, and Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
He is a go-to resource for broker-dealers and registered persons in securities-related cases filed in both federal and state courts, as well as in FINRA arbitration proceedings addressing both customer and sector disputes.
Jonathan has represented numerous broker-dealers and clearing firms ranging in size from smaller, regional broker-dealer and investment advisory firms to major national wirehouses. He serves as an arbitrator in securities arbitrations between both customers and members and associated persons and members.
He frequently represents clients adverse to the SEC while working with the enforcement agency as counsel for receivers appointed by U.S. District Courts.
In addition to his financial services work, Jonathan serves as the leader of Akerman’s Cannabis Practice, counseling clients on the evolving, complex legal and business issues impacting companies with interests in the regulated substances industries.
He is a founding board member of the National Cannabis Bar Association and is also an active member of the National Cannabis Industry Association.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1993
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1990, with honors
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Approved Arbitrator
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Cannabis Bar Association, Founding Board Member, Ethics Committee Co-Chair
- Broward Bar Association, Business Litigation Committee, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Securities Litigation Committee, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Securities Litigation Committee, Member
- National Cannabis Industry Association, Member
- Madison’s Who’s Who of Professionals, Member
- Phi Alpha Delta, Member
Rate : $$$$