Jonathan J. Russo is co-leader of Pillsbury’s Mergers & Acquisitions group and has handled hundreds of M&A transactions, private equity investments, venture capital financings and securities offerings.
Jon advises clients in public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity investments, venture capital financings and securities offerings. He also regularly provides counsel to clients on corporate governance, SEC disclosure and reporting requirements and general corporate matters.
He represents public and private companies, investment banks, private equity firms and family offices in a broad range of industries including technology, health care, life sciences, hospitality, media and consumer & retail.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented SoftBank Group Corp. in its CAD $99 million investment in Nemaska Lithium Inc.
- Representation of Hoya Corporation as a consortium member in connection with Bain Capital’s $17.8 billion acquisition of Toshiba’s Flash Memory Chip Business.
- Advised Spin Master Corp., a leading global children’s entertainment company, in its $79.1 million purchase of the GUND plush toy line from Enesco LLC, a Balmoral Funds portfolio company.
- Advised Phoenix Venture Fund in the sale of Xplore Technologies Corp. to Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Advised Xplore Technologies Corp. in its acquisition of Motion Computing Inc.
- Advised Elsevier in its acquisitions of a comprehensive drug database provider and of an evidence-based clinical content provider.
- Advised a major media company in a private equity investment in an online sports ticket operator.
- Advised numerous independent cable television and cellular companies in their sale to leading cable television and cellular providers.
- Advised numerous financial advisors in merger and acquisition transactions, restructurings and recapitalizations.
- J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law, 1986
- B.A., University of Bridgeport, 1983
ADMISSIONS : New York, Connecticut
- Law clerk to the Hon. William H. Timbers, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (1987-1988).
- Law clerk to the Hon. Ricardo H. Hinojosa in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas (1986-1987).
Rate : $$$