Jonathan Seymour represents clients on a variety of bankruptcy and financial restructuring matters, with a focus on bankruptcy litigation. His experience includes representing clients in all stages of bankruptcy proceedings, from motions practice in the bankruptcy court through appeal.
Mr. Seymour’s practice includes significant work on consumer bankruptcy issues, assisting mortgage servicers and other creditors with compliance with the Bankruptcy Code and Bankruptcy Rules in consumer cases. Since joining the firm in 2014, Mr. Seymour’s experience has included the representation of :
- numerous secured and unsecured creditors pursuing claims in corporate chapter 11 cases;
- a trade association submitting an amicus brief addressing the scope of Trust Indenture Act protections for bondholders;
- a trade association responding to a major report proposing reforms to business bankruptcy law; and
- an Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a bankruptcy proceeding involving millions of dollars in unsecured claims.
Mr. Seymour previously worked at WilmerHale as a summer associate. While pursuing his legal education, he also worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Margaret Murphy of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the Honorable Natalia Combs Greene of the District of Columbia Superior Court.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2014
- Law with German Law, Oxford University, 2011
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Massachusetts.
Rate : $$$