Pillsbury partner Jonathan B. Whitney advises on complex financings and transactional matters for clients from many countries and industries. Jon represents U.S. and international commercial banks, finance companies, and holding and operating companies as lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured financings.
He advises lead agents and arrangers in acquisition, structured finance, capital markets and asset-backed financings; securitizations; and satellite, aircraft and equipment financings.
Jon also counsels international corporations, including technology, telecommunications, manufacturing, utilities, transportation and distribution companies in cross-border acquisition financings and transactions.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented arrangers in the multibillion-dollar financing of a tax-free spinoff of the programming arm of a major cable provider.
- Advised the lead arranger in a cellular service provider’s multijurisdictional secured financings throughout the Central American and Caribbean basin.
- Represented a major retailer in the pet supply business in term and revolving credit financing arrangements totaling nearly $3 billion.
- Advised Encore Capital Group in connection with the amendment and restatement of its secured credit facility, including multiple tranches of term and revolving credit facilities, extending the maturity of the facility and increasing the facility to $950 Million.
- Advised Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. and its subsidiary Hawaiian Electric Company on establishing or renewing $500,000,000 of term and revolving credit facilities.
- Advised Encore Capital Group in connection with the amendment and restatement of its note purchase agreement pursuant to which additional Senior Secured Notes were issued for a total aggregate amount of $350 Million.
- Member, Law Firm Advisory Board
- Working Group on Legal Opinions, American Bar Association
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1981
- B.A., Skidmore College, 1977
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$