Jonell Beeler, shareholder in the Jackson office, concentrates her practice in health care. Ms. Beeler serves as the co-chair of the Health Care Regulatory Group. She also leads the Health Care Fraud and Abuse focus area within the Government Enforcement Investigations Group.
Her experience includes health care compliance; Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, provider enrollment, conditions of participation and regulatory matters; federal and state fraud and abuse laws, anti-referral laws and corporate practice of medicine laws; managed care; health care acquisitions and joint venture arrangements and public hospital and tax exempt hospital issues.
She regularly advises clients on the Medicare Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, the Civil Monetary Penalties Statute, the False Claims Act and other federal and state legal, regulatory and business issues related to the health care industry.
She has defended clients in civil, criminal and administrative investigations, advised on self disclosure and repayments and negotiated Settlement Agreements and Corporate Integrity Agreements.
She is a member of the Baker Donelson team currently serving as the Independent Review Organization of a large hospital system under the terms of its Corporate Integrity Agreement.
Her clients include hospitals and hospital systems, medical practices and physician organizations, practice management companies, ambulatory surgery centers, cardiac catheterization laboratories, pathology laboratories, imaging and other independent diagnostic treatment centers, radiation oncology centers and other specialty providers.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1982, cum laude
- University of Mississippi, M.A., 1975
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 1973
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi, 1982
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association: Vice Chair, Payment & Reimbursement Interest Group of Health Law Section, 2009 – 2013; Member, Business Law Section
- Member – Capital Area Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Past member – Managed Care Task Force of the Jackson Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$$