Jonna D. Lothyan is an associate in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois. Ms. Lothyan practices general liability, professional liability, products liability, environmental/toxic torts litigation, employment and business litigation.
Ms. Lothyan’s professional liability practice focuses on both legal and medical malpractice. She also represents vehicle manufacturers in products liability cases. Ms. Lothyan’s business litigation includes trade secret, unfair competition, contractual disputes, shareholder derivative actions and intellectual property. Additionally, Ms. Lothyan handles appellate matters at both the state and federal levels.
Ms. Lothyan is admitted to practice before all the courts in California. She has participated in over 25 mediations, including complex case mediations. Ms. Lothyan is a member of the San Diego trial team. She has prepared over a dozen cases for trial and tried three jury trials where she obtained either a defense verdict or favorable settlement during trial.
In addition, Ms. Lothyan provides strategic advice to clients and trial counsel with respect to significant trial court motions and post-trial matters where an appellate challenge is anticipated.
Prior to passing the bar and during law school, Ms. Lothyan was a law clerk with Lewis Brisbois where she drafted various appellate briefs and petitions for writ of mandate. As a law clerk, Ms. Lothyan successfully obtained an alternative writ on an order denying a motion to quash service of a summons. Ms. Lothyan has experience drafting trial briefs, memoranda, and motions in civil litigation cases.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2014
- Chapman University, Bachelor of Arts Psychology, 2010
- State Bar Admissions, California
- State Appellate Courts, California Courts of Appeal
Representative Cases :
- Anderson v. Ouellette (Jan. 30, 2015, 37-2014-83922-CU-PO-NC) prevailed on motion for summary judgment based on primary assumption of the risk doctrine.
- Davis v. Superior Court of Orange County (Sept. 16, 2013, G048804) Writ: Alternative writ issued from the trial court’s order denying defendant’s motion to quash service of summons.
- Ha v. Oscar Ginjeff Corporation dba Gold Crest Retirement Center (July 9, 2013, G048683) settlement after full briefing on the merits on the appeal.
Rate : $$$