Jordan August practices in the areas of taxation, estate, and business planning. Jordan advises individuals and businesses on a variety of federal income, gift, and estate taxation and state taxation planning and controversy matters. His practice focuses on providing tax advice and long-term planning to individuals, closely-held companies, including partnerships, S corporations, and C corporations, limited liability companies, tax-exempt organizations, and trusts.
He counsels high-net worth individuals regarding their wealth preservation, estate planning, business succession planning, and charitable and family gifting needs, including multi-generational transfers of wealth. Jordan has experience in the areas of probate, estate and trust administration, federal gift and estate taxation, and representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries of estates and trusts.
Jordan represents businesses and non-profit organizations on organizational and corporate governance matters, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and other business transactions. As a business and non-profit advisor, Jordan counsels clients on lifecycle events, including entity formation, reorganizations, both taxable and non-taxable, and liquidation events, and drafts corporate governance documents, including limited liability company operating agreements, partnership agreements, and bylaws.
He also advises and assists clients with the preparation of rules, terms, and other contractual arrangements regarding product and branding promotions and charitable fundraisers, including raffles, sweepstakes, contests, and other games of chance and games of skill.
- University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law (LL.M., Taxation, 2010)
- University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- University of Florida (B.S., 2006)
- Legal Fellow for Chief Tax Counsel, United States Senate Committee on Finance, Washington (2008)
- Tax Associate, Barnett, Bolt, Kirkwood, Long & McBride, Tampa, FL (2011-2014)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tax Council of Tampa Bay
- The Florida Bar
- Member, Tax Section
- Member, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- The American Bar Association
- Member, Tax Section
- Tampa Connection, Class of 2016
Rate : $$$$