Jorge deNeve is an accomplished and knowledgeable lawyer specializing in white collar criminal defense, corporate investigations, securities enforcement, and securities litigation. Jorge’s extensive legal career is diverse and widespread. He began as an associate at O’Melveny, focusing on complex criminal and civil litigation, including defending accountants and a “Big Four” accounting firm. Jorge then joined the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission’s Los Angeles Regional Office, where he served as a staff attorney for almost four years.
During Jorge’s tenure with the SEC, he investigated numerous cases with many resulting in enforcement actions involving allegations of financial fraud, disclosure fraud, market timing, offering fraud, and misconduct by independent accountants. In addition, Jorge worked closely with federal prosecutors and regulators from other agencies.
Jorge rejoined O’Melveny in 2007, where he practiced for four years before accepting a position as General Counsel for a client. In this role, he advised management on legal matters and supervised outside counsel. Jorge later rejoined O’Melveny again in late 2012.
Jorge was honored by Latin Lawyer magazine as a leading anti-corruption lawyer and credited with combining his experience at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission with his Spanish language skills in investigations in Latin America.
- Represented corporations and individuals in financial and disclosure fraud investigations by the SEC and federal prosecutors
- Conducted corporate internal investigations into potential FCPA violations
- Represented individuals in investigations concerning potential FCPA violations in various countries including Mexico
- Conducted corporate internal investigations concerning potential misconduct by senior officers of corporations
- Represented an investment adviser, a broker-dealer, and associated persons facing investigations and inquiries by the SEC or FINRA
- Represented individuals facing insider trading investigations by the SEC or FINRA
- Represented corporations in internal investigations dealing with possible insider trading
- Represented one of the largest subprime lenders in investigations by the SEC, federal prosecutors, and a bankruptcy examiner
- Represented former officers and a corporation in various option backdating investigations and lawsuits
- Defended a broker-dealer and registered representatives in a FINRA arbitration matter
- Successfully defended corporations and senior officers in various shareholder securities and derivative actions
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 1998
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.S., Cognitive Science, 1992
- Honorable Audrey B. Collins, US District Court, Central District of California (1999-2000)
Rate : $$$