Jorge F. Gonzalez practices patent litigation with a focus on chemical and pharmaceutical technologies, including Hatch-Waxman litigation related to Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA).
Jorge’s litigation experience encompasses numerous aspects of trial preparation, including coordinating fact discovery, working with expert witnesses, conducting and defending fact and expert depositions, participating in hearings, and managing litigation teams. Jorge is also involved in patent prosecution and advises clients in infringement and validity opinions.
Prior to his legal career, Jorge worked as a formulator in the Formulations and Process Development group for Gilead Sciences, Inc. During law school, he worked as a technical writer for Vistakon®, a division of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., supporting the Department of Emerging Technologies.
Jorge’s pro bono practice includes representing clients in D.C. Family Court, Landlord & Tenant Court, and criminal defense in the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Florida Coastal School of Law J.D., 2015
- University of South Florida College of Medicine M.S., Medical Sciences, 2011
- University of South Florida B.S., Biomedical Science, 2010
- University of Miami B.A., Psychology, 2005
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, M.D. Florida
- U.S. District Court, S.D. Florida
Professional Activities :
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) (Co-chair, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2019-present; Assistant editor, HNBA’s Journal of Law and Policy, Fall 2017)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Hispanic Bar Association of Washington, DC
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
Rate : $$$