Jorge R. Lopez has practiced immigration law for more than 30 years and focuses on corporate immigration, processing temporary and permanent corporate visa petitions, and all aspects of the Immigration and Nationality Act regarding visa benefits and Federal I-9 immigration compliance.
Jorge often appears before the Department of Homeland Security on immigration benefits and compliance matters, as well as before the Department of State and other state entities regulating immigration compliance. He also represents clients in international forums on global migration issues.
Board-certified in immigration and nationality law by the Florida Bar, Jorge has advised multinational companies on how to meet their global workforce needs and on the management of I-9 audits and federal investigations. He also has actively managed the worldwide transfer of staff for a number of multi-national companies.
Additionally, Jorge provides advice on immigration-related employment discrimination, as regulated by the Office of the Special Counsel for Immigration Related Employment Discrimination. He has developed training programs for in-house legal teams and managers at client sites related to immigration compliance modules involving I-9 and visa issues.
Jorge has published numerous articles on immigration law and frequently presents regionally, nationally and internationally at seminars and training programs addressing immigration issues. He works with a diverse selection of clients that span the following industries : Healthcare, Education, Finance, Manufacturing, Media and publishing.
A shareholder of Littler Mendelson and a chair of the Global Mobility & Immigration Practice Group, Jorge previously worked in private practice.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1985
- B.S., New York University, 1982
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Nursing Advisory Council, Florida International University School of Nursing
- Former Member, Board of Governors, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Former Director, American Immigration Lawyers Association, South Florida Chapter
- Former Member, Presidential Rank Review Board, US Office of Personnel Management
- Former Director, Immigration Related Employer Compliance Program (sponsored by the US Department of Justice), Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce.
Rate : $$$