Jose A. Villalobos has been in the legal practice for 36 years and his practice includes state and local government affairs, representing cities before governmental entities. Jose focuses on legal issues involving land use and entitlements, representing Latin American clients in acquisitions and regulatory matters in the United States, and counseling clients on a broad array of legal issues, including local governmental operations, municipal law, and regulatory matters.
Previously, Jose was appointed as City Attorney for the City of West Miami and has served as Chief Legal Counsel for the City. He has also served as a member of the City of Miami Building and Zoning Board, representing clients in municipal judicial and administrative matters. Currently, Jose also serves as bond and disclosure counsel for Miami-Dade County.
Jose was appointed a Florida Civil Law Notary (Florida International Notary) by the Department of State which is equivalent to authentic acts of civil law notaries in all jurisdictions outside the geographic borders of the United States.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1976
- B.A., Biscayne College of Miami, Public Administration, 1975
- J.D., Universidad de Villanueva, 1959
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Representative Experience :
- Served as bond and disclosure counsel for more than $2,291,000,000 which has included projects in Miami-Dade County, Florida pertaining to Single Family Mortgages, Capital Asset Acquisitions, Water and Sewer, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Aviation, Transit and Public Housing.
Professional Experience :
- City of West Miami, City Attorney, 1994-2006
- Miami-Dade County, Hearing Officer, 1994-2001
- Cuban American Bar Association, Past President and Member
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Member
- Vizcaya Trust Executive Committee, Chairman
- Dade County Committee Relations Board, Vice Chairman
- Grievance Committee of The Florida Bar of the Eleventh Judicial Court, Past Chairman and Member
- Second Conference with the Law of Lawyers of America, Member
- State of Florida, Past Commissioner of Deeds
- Judicial Nomination Committee, Past Chairman and Member
- University State Senator Lawton Chiles’ Selection Committee for the U.S. Military Academy, Past Chairman and Member
- Biomedical Research and Innovation Center, Member
- Planning Board Innovation Committee, Member
Rate : $$$