Joseph Brogan is chair of the firm’s Land Use, Planning & Zoning and Water Rights practices and has more than 25 years of experience in local, state, and federal permitting, enforcement matters and water rights. Joe puts his past experience working for city and county agencies and EPA Region 10 to work for his clients and delivers cost-effective legal services that produce results.
He works closely with consultants, developers, lenders, real estate investors and agency officials to achieve the client’s objectives. Joe has served under two gubernatorial administrations as Regulatory Performance Advisor to the Washington State Department of Ecology.
He is one of the leading water rights lawyers in Washington state, providing strategic advice, permitting, and litigation support to water purveyors, public utility districts, ports, industry clients and private property owners. Joe represents clients in administrative appeals and in state and federal court on a wide range of water rights and water resource matters.
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law (cum laude), 2000
- Master of Public Administration, University of Washington, 1990
- B.A., State University of New York-Binghamton, 1987
- Washington, 2000
- U.S. District Court
- 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- Governor’s Regulatory Performance Advisory Committee for the Department of Ecology Regulatory Reform Initiative, Member, 2002-Present
- Washington State Dept. of Ecology Water Resources Advisory Committee
- American Bar Association
- American Water Resources Association
- Foster Pepper PLLC
- United States Environmental Protection Agency Region 10, Office of Regional Counsel, Legal Research Fellow, 1999-2000
- King County Department of Natural Resources, Water and Land Resources Division, Program Coordinator, 1992-1997
- City of Seattle Department of Construction and Land Use, Code Development and Community Relations Division, Planning and Development Specialist, 1990-1992
Rate : $$$